Oberlin College & Conservatory

Oberlin OnCampus

Sign In

Marvin Krislov Named Pace University President

Feb. 14, 2017

Marvin Krislov, the president of Oberlin College, announced today that he has agreed to become president of Pace University in New York City, on August 1, 2017. Mr. Krislov, who has served as Oberlin’s 14th president since 2007, had previously announced he would be leaving Oberlin at the end of the current academic year.

“I have been honored to serve Oberlin, and I have tremendous affection for this great College, Conservatory, and community,” Mr. Krislov said. “Working with our outstanding faculty, staff, students, parents and alumni to further Oberlin’s mission and to honor Oberlin’s values has been the most educational and fulfilling experience of my life. Together we have done so much to strengthen Oberlin. I offer my heartfelt thanks to you all, and I know Oberlin’s next president will build on our efforts. Until the day I depart, I will keep working hard to help create a brilliant future for Oberlin.”

President Krislov’s Decade of Leadership

Official Pace University Announcement

Comment on this article

To prevent spam, comments will be sent for approval before they appear on the website. Sign in to comment immediately.

• Write anything you like as long as it’s civil and productive. Attack ideas if you wish, but not people. Oberlin = love, remember? (Seriously. Be nice or your comment will be removed.)

What a wonderful opportunity to continue your work in higher education, Marvin. Congratulations! We all look forward to hearing good things coming out of Pace, and thank you for all you've done for Oberlin.

Steven Volk (three days ago)

Congratulations to Marvin for this significant new opportunity to advance higher education, continue to advance values on achievement and change through transformational education and arts, and to assert his inspiring leadership.

Phyllis Gorfain (Feb. 15, 2017)