Oberlin College & Conservatory

Oberlin OnCampus

Sign In

Frandsen Named President of Wittenberg University

Feb. 10, 2017

Vice President for Finance and Administration Mike Frandsen has announced that he will be leaving Oberlin College at the end of the 2016-2017 academic year to become the President of Wittenberg University beginning July 1.

"Mike has been an exemplary colleague and member of our community,” says President Marvin Krislov. “His leadership has been invaluable as our institution addresses the financial challenges facing higher education. We wish him and Sharon all the best at Wittenberg.”

Frandsen was named vice president at Oberlin in July of 2014 and is responsible for oversight of the financial and business administration of the college, including budgeting, resource allocation, short- and long-term financial planning, accounting and financial reporting, endowment and investment management, and human resources. Under his purview are the offices of the physical plant, facilities planning and construction, environmental health and safety, purchasing and auxiliary business services, institutional research, and information technology.

“It has been an honor to serve Oberlin and a pleasure to work with the students, faculty, staff, Board members, and alumni,” Frandsen says. “I am ready for this new challenge in part because of what I have learned here from so many Obies. Oberlin is a place of great engagement and creativity and I will forever cherish the experiences I have had here and the friendships I have made.”

Details on the search for Dr. Frandsen’s replacement will be shared as they become available.

View Wittenberg University announcement.

Comment on this article

To prevent spam, comments will be sent for approval before they appear on the website. Sign in to comment immediately.

• Write anything you like as long as it’s civil and productive. Attack ideas if you wish, but not people. Oberlin = love, remember? (Seriously. Be nice or your comment will be removed.)

Dr. Frandsen, I regret not having the opportunity to work with you, but I would like to say that I had always heard praise regarding you, by looking at the issue before reacting.

I have seen for my self from a distance a couple of the positive issues that have affected Service Employees and the College Community in a positive way.

Thank you, and I wish you, and yours all the best.

Robert

Robert E. Aviles (Feb. 13, 2017)