Payment Process for Winter Shutdown
Nov. 27, 2013
The Office of the Controller will be using the following schedule to manage the workflow during the upcoming holidays. Please plan ahead to ensure your payment is available when you need it. If you submit your request by the deadline, your payment will be ready prior to winter shutdown—December 24, 2013 through January 1, 2014.
• Monday, December 9: Last day to submit travel advances, reimbursements for travel or other out of pocket expenses
• Monday, December 16: Last day for emergency requests or will calls
• Tuesday, December 17 and Thursday, December 19: Regular Check run days
• Wednesday, December 18 and Friday, December 20 : Will calls available for pick up in the controller’s office before 3 p.m.
• Please note: Checks not picked up by December 23 will be available in the controller’s office on January 2, 2014.
Because of the volume of requests, no exceptions will be made if you miss a deadline date.
The following are common omissions that will cause your request to be set aside and processed at a later time:
• Missing T # for established payees/students or social security number for new payees.
• Lack of supervisor’s or department head approval (you can’t approve your own request).
• Missing documentation, i.e. original receipts, detailed credit card
• Requests for entertainment reimbursements that fail to identify who/what/where/when/why
• Address area is left blank, or “address on file” noted on the address line
• Missing FOAP coding