Seniors: Class of 2013 Banner Competition
April 17, 2013
Each year, in keeping with a tradition that dates back to the late 1800s, the senior class designs and creates a 6' x 9' banner that is displayed during commencement weekend and that represents the class at all reunion weekends in perpetuity.
If you have a creative mind, an idea, and the ability to sketch it, then the senior class needs you to enter the competition sponsored by the Alumni Association. The Banner Competition Committee will choose the winning design.
◦ Your sketch idea needs to incorporate the word “Oberlin.”
◦ The sketch must include 2013 or ’13 . ◦ Your design must be possible to replicate as a 6’ x 9’ felt banner, with a 4” margin at the top to facilitate hanging.
◦ The design can hang either vertically or horizontally.
◦ All entries must be submitted to the Alumni Association in the Ward Alumni Center, 65 E College St, Suite 4 (behind Slow Train, in the building to the east) by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 29.
◦ Digital entries saved as PDF files are acceptable and can be sent to Kira McGirr in the Alumni Office at Kira.McGirr@oberlin.edu.
◦ Feel free to submit several entries (past winners submitted 10 different designs!)
◦ When submitting your sketch, please also include your name, e-mail address, and phone number.
◦ The winner (and recruited friends) are expected to make the actual banner; the Alumni Association will pay for all materials.