How to Use the New Events Calendar
March 6, 2013
Oberlin's new events calendar debuted Monday, March 4. An overview of the calendar's features is coming soon, but in the meantime, the communications office invites all members of the campus community to dive in and start exploring. It's incredibly easy to use and intuitive. Here's how to get started and a few pointers.
Create an account/Log in and contribute
• Logging in to the events calendar is easy. Use your ObieID and password to initially activate your account at calendar.oberlin.edu.
• Once your account is created, you will have access to all of the features and can submit your campus events.
• After you log in, go to “Submit an Event” to complete an event submission form.
• Only post events open to campus members and the general public.
• Event submissions are reviewed for appropriateness, completeness, and grammatical style prior to approval. Approval generally takes place within three business days; incomplete event submissions may take longer.
•You will receive a notification by e-mail once your event is approved and published.
About Those Form Fields
• Complete all the form fields for which you have information.
• Be sure to fill in the Contact Person, Contact Phone Number, and Contact E-mail Address fields.
• Include the event title, location, date and time, cost if applicable, and contact information. For the sake of your audience, be courteous, descriptive, and informative. Try to keep descriptions to one paragraph, but do link to your website for additional information.
• Faculty and staff should use the department drop-down menu to select the name of the academic or administrative department sponsoring the event. Students should use the group drop-down menu to select the name of the student organization sponsoring the event. Should your department, office, or organization name not appear in the list, let us know at email@example.com.
Oberlin College reserves the right to edit or modify event listings for space, clarity, and appropriateness.