Lorain County Fitness Walks at Splash Zone
Jan. 4, 2013
The Lorain County Health Department announces the first Fitness Walk of the year will begin Monday, Janaury 7, 2013 at 5:30pm.
Reasons to join:
· FREE weekly walking group for all ages.
· Indoor walking track is available at Splash Zone.
· Learn health tips & improve fitness from local experts.
· Win WOBL/WDLW prizes!
Walking is a great way to get moving.
· It requires no equipment---just good walking shoes.
· It is safe and simple and doesn’t require practice.
· Walking is a gentle, low-impact exercise that can ease you into a higher level of fitness and health.
· Walking helps:
o Lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (the "bad" cholesterol)
o Lower blood pressure
o Manage weight
o Improve mood
o You stay strong and fit
o Boost immune system
o Manage and prevent chronic diseases like arthritis and diabetes