Oberlin College & Conservatory

Oberlin OnCampus

Sign In

Free Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Services for Employees

Dec. 11, 2012

As the end of the academic year comes to a close, the Human Resources Office wants to remind you of an important benefit offered by Unum, Oberlin College's carrier for Life, AD&D, Long-Term Disability, and Long-Term Care insurance coverage. Unum offers free Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Services for employees, covered under our Long Term Disability Plan. This service provides eligible active employees, spouses/domestic partners, and minor dependent children who are traveling at least 100 miles from home a full range of emergency services.

With a phone call you can gain access to services such as: emergency medical evacuation, medically supervised repatriation, guaranteed foreign hospital admission, prescription replacement assistance, and even legal, interpreter, and emergency trauma counseling referrals.

In order to use the service, you'll need a Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance card. If you already have the card from past years, it is still valid. If you need service and would like a card, you may click on this link to print it, pick one up at the Department of Human Resources or send an e-mail to Norma Frasher.

For more information about this benefit, visit the Unum Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Services website.