Oberlin College & Conservatory

Oberlin OnCampus

Sign In

Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Card

April 19, 2012

As the end of the academic year comes to a close, the Department of Human Resources wants to remind you of an important benefit offered by Unum, Oberlin College's carrier for Life, AD&D, Long-Term Disability, and Long-Term Care insurance coverage. Unum offers free Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Services for employees, covered under our Long Term Disability Plan. This service provides eligible active employees, spouses/domestic partners, and minor dependent children who are traveling at least 100 miles from home a full range of emergency services.

With a phone call you can gain access to services such as emergency medical evacuation, medically supervised repatriation, guaranteed foreign hospital admission, prescription replacement assistance, and even legal, interpreter, and emergency trauma counseling referrals.

In order to use the service, you'll need a Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance card. If you already have the card from past years, it is still valid. If you need service and would like a card, you may pick one up at the Department of Human Resources or by sendin an e-mail message to Jeanie Watling.

For more information about this benefit, visit the Unum Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Services website http://www.unum.com/travelassistance.