Traffic Restrictions on North Campus City Streets
July 15, 2011
The city of Oberlin Street Projects Improvement Plan affects city streets on north campus beginning Monday, July 18, through the end of August 2011. For the first week of this project the city will be milling the road surfaces and repaving them.
Please note the following changes:
- Parking is prohibited on the street for all of Woodland Street and for Union Street from Woodland to Main Street for the duration of the project.
- Through traffic is prohibited on Professor Street north of Lorain to Union Street, and also on Woodland, and Union (from Woodland to Main Street.) Local traffic only will be possible, as directed by the city contractors on site.
For those who park on city streets for college business, please move into the following lots:
- Woodland Street Lot is accessible from the shared driveway between Hales and the hospital when traffic is restricted on Woodland Street.
- Union Street Lot is accessible from North Professor Street north of Union Street. You may also use that as an entrance / access to drive to Philips Lot to utilize Philips Athletics Facilities and the Recreation Department of Philips.
- Stevenson Lot is accessible from North Main Street.
The city of Oberlin is engaging in this project to improve water lines, street surfaces, redefine crosswalks, and to provide bike lanes on these three streets on north campus. Additional information will be shared as the city shares information with the college. Thank you for your patience in relation to these changes.